Monday, March 10, 2008

Alright, I'll Play

Benjamin Glaser, the 'Backwoods Presbyterian', recently included me on a list of 6 people to list "Six unimportant facts/quirks/habits about myself". As my family will attest, I am a walking quirk, so to identify six specific quirks is sorta like identifying one drop of water in the Atlantic Ocean. On the plus side, it means I have lots of material to draw from:

1) I have more or less eaten the same lunch everyday for nearly 20 years - turkey sandwich on white bread with cheese (usually swiss) and mayonnaise. I've always considered it a little bit of Thanksgiving every day of the year.

2) My wife tells me I do great animal noises. My cow, horse, rooster, and ostrich imitations are always big hits.

3) In 1982, I won the sixth grade spelling bee at my elementary school, and I also went to the Virginia state finals in the 100 yard dash. 1982 was a very good year.

4) I do a very good Godfather imitation and intend to use it extensively with any and all potential 'gentleman callers' of my (hopefully) soon-to-be adopted daughter. I have already rehearsed what my opening line will be to all young men who walk into my home to go on a date with my daughter. In my Marlon Brando voice, I will calmly say with a straight face, "Yes it's true, I'm a Christian. But I also think that torture is completely justified in certain circumstances, such as if my daughter doesn't get home safely, or if the curfew is violated, or if she's struck by a bolt of lightning." I intend to have a baseball bat in plain view during this friendly conversation.

5) As a lifelong Virginian, I fly the state flag of the Commonwealth on the outside of my home. I also make a mean Peanut Soup, which is something of a rite of passage in the Virginia Gentleman department.

6) I tend to be a pretty impatient guy. That's not a big deal. What's odd is that I also greatly enjoy working very big jigsaw puzzles that take months to finish. An odd combination.

I guess the rules of this little internet game require me to pick 6 additional people to provide a similar list. Mercifully, I have instead decided that the chain will die with me. All potential bloggers I could have picked can express their thanks by writing me a check for whatever (enormously huge) amount God leads you to give :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home