Monday, July 14, 2008

Talks on Prayer Now Available

This past spring, the church I attend allowed me to lead a small group of around 15-20 people through a study of Richard Pratt's book, Pray With Your Eyes Open. This entailed me delivering about a 20 minute 'talk' each week that discussed the chapters in Pratt's book that were covered for each week.

The good folks at my church have now made the transcripts of those talks available on their website. I have created a link on the right side of this blog page called 'My Talks on Prayer' that will take those interested directly to the consolidated transcript.

A fair amount of what I discussed in the weekly talks merely summarized what Richard says in the book. But I did tailor the material somewhat, and I added a good bit of my own stuff.

Those interested in a good popular-level read on prayer should get Richard's book. It's neither the first nor the last word on prayer, and like many things, if one really wants to know what good prayer looks like, one should consult Scripture, since it is filled with the prayers of God's people. But Richard's book is a good supplement, and hopefully my talk transcripts will be of peripheral value as well. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home